The pillow is one of the most important elements of our rest since we are from 6 to 9 hours with her head resting on it. Choose a pillow of poor quality can cause us a headache, neck, neck problems and even back pain. We spend much time choosing the mattress because it is the support that holds all our body when we sleep but would do the same when we buy a pillow? Choosing a good pillow is essential to ensure the best rest and promote the general welfare. If you want to know how in this article we show choosing criteria, you should consider when choosing the pillow that best fits your needs. The bamboo memory foam pillow is highly recommended.
There is a “formula” that Identifies what extent Should the perfect pillow. Look how with a meter Measures the Distance between the end of the shoulder to the face (to where the ear). A result is That Should add between 2 and 4 cm, Depending on the Desired hardness. THEREFORE, Those With wider than shoulders need a thicker pillow Those With narrower shoulders.
- The first thing to consider when selecting a good pillow is the way you sleep. If you usually sleep on their backs, it is advisable to purchase a not very thick pillow, since, in this case, the pad acts as a support for the neck and head, and no treatment for certain ailments.
- Conversely, if you sleep on your side, the pad should be thick enough so that the neck does not lean on the shoulder, causing ailments and discomfort, and do it on the pillow. In this case, the purpose of the pad is to get the neck is maintained on the axis of the column, and no lower than would be the case if not thick enough.
- And if you sleep face down, the best choice is a soft, thin and flexible pillow. People who adopt this sleeping posture often embrace the pillow or catch, it is why a feather or synthetic fibers are ideal to adapt the filling and place it where needed.
- The filling of the pillow is another aspect you should take into consideration when you go to choose the right pillow. Feather pillows or synthetic fibers are very flexible and can look perfect precisely because of this, but are only recommended for those who sleep on their stomachs and not suffer any neck or back ailments.
- Pillows with memory system are highly recommended because they adapt fully to you. These pillows are perfect for people who move around a lot when they sleep. With these carcaterísticas, we found the pillows latex and viscoelastic. Latex pillows are soft texture, viscoelastic, however, have more firmness and therefore greater adaptability.
- The disadvantage of the latex pillows is that, besides having less firm and flexibility, require constant ventilation. It is necessary to air them and flip them over so that the latex will not be deformed, generate moisture and breed bacteria. With the viscoelastic, this does not happen because the material they use already has a ventilation system itself. Besides offering a perfect rest, memory foam pillows are ideal for all those who suffer from cervical ailments, back pain, migraines or headaches, for its excellent adaptability, firmness, and pressure exerted on the affected areas. There is even memory foam pillows special menu designed to treat cervical problems.
- Finally, when choosing a pillow, not your whim price since choosing the cheapest pillow would be a big mistake. Low-cost pillows tend to be of poor quality and therefore harmful to health and wellness. Buy the right pad, despite having a higher price, it is a long-term investment for its durability and resistance. The low cost, however, you must change a year or year and a half to acquire them.
This article is for information only, in this post, we have no power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any diagnosis. We invite you to visit a doctor in case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
Hope you find useful information in this article. To read more articles like how to choose a good pillow, we recommend you enter our website: http://www.bedtimefriends.com/. Good luck with the choice!