A humidifier choose is not as simple as you thought at first. On this page, we will help you with selecting a humidifier that best suits you. To arrive at the right choice, we will guide you step by some.
Content of the article:
- Where does a humidifier help?
- What type of humidifier are you?
- Find out a humidifier specifically for the baby or children?
- How do you keep optimum humidity and air quality?
- Accessories for an optimal climate in the house
1. Where does a humidifier help?
In winter the cold outside and the heat inside, dry air in the home. Therefore, the humidity drops in the house below the recommended level of between 40 and 60 percent. This can lead to different symptoms.
A humidifier can help with symptoms such as:
- Respiratory irritation, dry skin and eye irritants.
- Concentration problems, headaches, and fever.
- Fatigue, nasal congestion, and static electricity.
Also, your home may suffer from dry air:
- Wooden flooring can shrink or crack.
- Furniture made of leather and wood shaving or drying out.
- Plants and animals can get sick.
2. What type of humidifier are you?
There are humidifiers with different techniques. Each technique has its advantages and disadvantages. Below we explain the method is suitable for any situation.
An ultrasonic humidifier uses vibrations underwater and emits visible mist from. Place the humidifier on a table; the mist is then better absorbed into the air.
- Works quietly
- Is energy efficient
- High humidity available
- Not suitable for hard water
- Avoid white deposit
Cold Water Evaporator
A cold water evaporator with a fan sucks air through a wet element. As the water evaporates naturally and spreads through space.
- Operates energy efficient
- Constant humidity
- No chance of wetting
- Regularly replace filters
- Has longer time required to achieve desired humidity
All cold water evaporators humidifier
A humidifier heats the water, and the steam blows in the room. The steam also heats the room slightly.
- Increases humidity very fast
- Steam heat temperature in space
- Relatively inexpensive humidifiers
- Not suitable for children
- Higher energy consumption
By using filters or rotating disks in a water tank, this device has a moisturizing and cleansing effect.
- Moistens and cleans the air
- Filtering bacteria and dust from the air
- Natural way of moistening
- Relatively large appliances
- Slightly more expensive by the dual function
3. Find out a humidifier specifically for the baby or children?
A humidifier for baby room or children can cause colds, cough and resolving respiratory irritation. Some humidifiers are designed specifically for the child’s room or nursery. Outside they look beautiful, they are also dangerous because there is no use of hot steam. They are also quiet in operation makes it suitable for night.
4. How do you keep optimum humidity and air quality?
The ideal humidity is in the house between 40 and 60 percent. You reach the desired thickness by linking a humidistat to the humidifier. It measures the temperature and moisture and compares it with the set requirements. The humidistat turns the humidifier on or off if desired. This avoids dry air in the home.
The best air quality you get with a humidifier with built-in ionizer and filters. An ionizer produces negatively charged ions. These attach themselves to dust, germs, and bacteria and fall to the ground, so you suck up with a vacuum cleaner.
Humidifiers with Ionizer – Humidifier with Humidistat
There are humidifiers equipped with a built-in humidistat. This measure humidity and turn on or off when they measure the humidity is not right. Also, humidifiers and having a hygrometer. This measure only the humidity but do not act accordingly. So you have yourself up or down the humidifier. Finally, there are no humidifiers humidistat or hygrometer. These are usually simpler models or water humidifiers because they do not require a humidistat.
5. Accessories for an optimal climate in the house
Did you make a choice? There are some accessories that help optimize the use of your humidifier.
Air Treatment Filters: Suitable for scrubbers and cold water evaporators that need a new filter after several months.
- Cleansers: Keeping the water in the humidifier clean and clean the appliance thoroughly.
- Hygrometers: measure the humidity and the temperature in the room.
- Oils: Give a pleasant scent in the chamber, please note that the humidifier is capable.